Showcase your Artwork, your Restaurant, or your B&B to locals and visitors!!
Artists – Be seen by people who love what you do!
Blue Heron Publishing produces high quality calendars that showcase a region through its local art. Each page is devoted to one artist, with 1 large and 2 or 3 smaller or partial pictures. If your art sings the soul of your home community, your work could be seen by 2500 buyers.Read More
- Exposure in a printing of 2500 calendars
- 3 to 4 paintings or partial paintings shown, identified and talked about
- Picture and biography/artist’s statement of up to 50 words on the inside back cover
- The opportunity to sell calendars
- High resolution, colour-correct digital images (9.25 x 12.25” at 300 ppi) of your paintings
- Colour-correct proof of each painting (doesn’t have to be full size)
- Contact Suzanne with your interest in the project and a link to your website or jpg’s of several paintings
- Suzanne chooses the artists to be involved based on the quality of artwork, what areas are captured artistically, quantity of work that matches the seasons, how all the artists’ works fit together. Artists are notified by September 1
- You provide Suzanne with files and proofs by October 1. There are usually back-and-forth communications about images and information.
- Calendars are ready for printing by March 1
What artists are saying:
I would like to congratulate you on creating the Kootenay Art Calender! It's beautifully done and was obviously a LOT of work! I love the way it turned out. I can't wait to try out some of those recipes.
Suzanne - just picked up mail and CALENDAR!!! LOVE IT! Well done, you did a great job. It is so unique with notes and facts and recipes, and all the artwork look terrific. I am very proud to be a part of it . . . Thank you very much for the opportunity to be part of this great project.
WOWEE! it looks fabulous, Suzanne I love the way you put it all together and the paper is an excellent choice It is a very unique and beautiful calendar I can't wait to get a batch to sell in the gallery
The calendar arrived yesterday and Wow! - it's beautiful. You've done a great job!
Hi Suzanne, I got the calendar yesterday, it looks great! good job on the design work.
With the new stock on hand, I was able to deliver 10 to the new owners of a gift an souvenir shop in Radium just now. The owner, who not only grew up in the valley, has been in the 'gift & souvenir biz' for years and also produces postcards and 'ordinary' calendars for his industry. He was SO excited when he saw the calendar. He's talking about my supplying him with a hundred calendars in the coming weeks. Wow and wow! He even proposed the idea of featuring me out front on the September long weekend with my artwork, prints, cards, etc. and autographing calendars. Pinch me. It's too exciting for words.
I wanted to congratulate you on the beautiful calendar you've put together over the past few years. I have people asking me when the next one is coming out. Every September I show my work at Lake Country's Art Walk in the Okanagan with 300 other artists, the biggest art show in the B.C. interior with an average of over 7000 people, and the calendars sell out the first day. I find that the art + recipes is a great combination, people are buying a average of 3 and sending them to family @ friends across Canada, Europe @ U.S.A. as gifts. You’ve put a lot of thought and work into them and it shows , keep up the good work. Michael Jell, Vernon artistWell, what can I say !!? - 'Awesome' seems an understatement for sure ! The calendar just arrive and it is 'first class' all the way. A wonderful job and all the planning that had to go into it is so apparent ! Just a super calendar. I think the fact that all the pictures are 'Canuck' is really delightful and satisfying.- Catherine Robertson on the Western Canada Region 2018 Art CalendarHey, how about this:I just sold a painting because a fellow Rosslander saw your 2019 Kootenay Calendar in a café in Greenwood! [Deadwood Junction]I am amazed at how organized you are, I had no idea it was already in circulation. And in tiny Greenwood.So I just sold the Lake Louise Train painting to someone who already owns several of my works...thanks to the calendar!- Louise Drescher, Rossland artist in the Kootenay Art CalendarHi,Thought I'd share that a couple of my vendors are raving about the 2019 calendars. This was via email:The new 2019 images look fantastic! I have no doubt our customers will love them.Great job!- Susan Fahrni, Edgewater artist in the Kootenay Art Calendar
This looks fantastic and I really like the fading in and out of the images this time around. I really like my “month” as a feel for the whole calendar. Another artist asked me about my experience with you last year and I couldn’t say enough good things about the way you have treated us artists/donors for your cause -Christine Camilleri, Artist in the Western Canada Region Soroptimist Art Calendar
Chefs! Showcase your delicious local flavour!
If you serve delicious food and you love your community, your restaurant could be featured in a high-quality regional calendar for up to 3000 hungry buyers. The calendar celebrates an area through local art of favourite places; recipes from top area chefs; tons of information about the area. People keep them – for the recipes!
- Exposure in a printing of 2000 – 3000 calendars
- Your contact information on the page with your recipe
- Picture of the restaurant or your logo, and information about you (up to 50 words), plus contact info and website on the inside back cover
- The opportunity to sell calendars
- A fairly simple, “home-friendly” recipe suitable to the month you are featured in – by March 1
- Your logo & information – by March 1
- $165 – 200 fee, 30 days upon receipt of proof
- Decide to participate!
- Discuss with Suzanne what type of recipe to provide (we don’t want TOO many soups!)
- Send Suzanne the recipe and your information. There is often a back-and-forth about recipes and what information to include.
- Suzanne will send you a proof of the recipe and information appearing about you
- Calendars are ready for printing by March 31
See some sample calendars here…
Contact Suzanne to get started!
What Restaurants are Saying
Just wanted to let you know that I received the calendar! It's gorgeous!!! I have staff wanting to know if they can buy them - Thanks! - Jacqueline Leduc, The Black Forest Restaurant, Invermere
Thank you for your interest in our café. We appreciate your work and dedication to the arts and to the community connection. We think this calendar is a great way to stay in touch with the arts, your local farmer and small business. This calendar is something we all appreciate. Thank you! - Laurie & Matt, The Frog Peak Café, Crescent Valley
Just wanted to send you a thank you for the calendars we sent to clients last December. The response has been excellent- much more so than the traditional "Real Estate" calendars I've been sending out for 20 years. In fact, I don't think I ever received glowing reviews of a calendar in the past where this time I received many! Here is a quote from a good past client who emailed immediately upon receipt of the calendar:Your calendar arrived today, and it's beautiful. Thank you so much. I love the fact there are recipes from places we've visited. Very cool. Gorgeous artwork too. That will be a great keepsake.In business, we are always seeking ways to differentiate ourselves and also provide added value to our clients. Your calendar did both very well.- Tony Joe, Tony Joe Real Estate
My aunt absolutely loves her calendar and says she wants to go to every single restaurant! - Christina Rippon, Victoria
Restaurants! Do you love your calendar?
Would your staff and customers love to buy a calendar from you?
Contact Suzanne to reserve your spot for next year!